Back in the 1980s Ft. Lauderdale was all the rage for college kids heading off for Spring Break fun. The city became the popular spot for college fun back in the ’40s and then hit its apex in the ’80s. While it is no longer the city for college kids, it is still a major travel destination, with tourism being one of the city’s biggest industries. That should be no surprise since the city has an average temperature of 75 degrees’ year round and gets more than 3,000 hours of sunlight a year. That alone makes people flock to the city, especially during the cold winter months in the northern states.
Home of the Boating Industry
Ft. Lauderdale has a major love of boating and boating related jobs. The boating industry accounts for nearly 110,000 jobs in the city. There is more though:
- The Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show is the world’s largest of its kind and brings over 125,000 people to the city every year.
- The city has nearly 100 different marinas.
- There are over 45,000 yachts that call Ft. Lauderdale home.
Plenty of Things to Do Here
If you do not own a boat or have no desire to buy one, fear not! There are still plenty of things that you can do here in the city with all of the golden sunshine and the lovely temperatures. In fact, there are so many things to do that you might not actually have time to have a boat in the first place. Many of these are standalone outings, while others can be used as part of a bigger event. You might make a whole day of some of these things, and that may mean you will be setting up food and beverages for at least a few hours. You might even need a port a potty. Here are some of those activities:
- 4,000 restaurants, including cuisine for nearly every palate
- 63 golf courses
- 12 shopping malls
- 16 museums for the art lovers
- 132 nightclubs for those who love to dance the night away
Ft. Lauderdale is also the home of the Ft. Lauderdale Swap Shop, which is a huge outdoor/indoor flea market where you can buy nearly anything you can imagine. This is also the home of the world’s largest drive-in theater, with over a dozen screens so that you can see movies like they did in the old days.
Getting the Best Deal on a Port a Potty
Whether you are renting a port a potty for a single day or several units for several days, you are going to want the best deal. That deal is not just about the lowest price of course because you want good service before and after the rental as well as the peace of mind that you are dealing with a company that has been in business for some time. Here are some other things to look for:
- A free price quote
- A full contract with all the details clearly spelled out
- A delivery time with a guarantee of timeliness
- Safe and reliable units. No one wants to rent a potentially dangerous portable toilet after all.
- Clean units upon arrival. Why would you want to rent someone else’s filth?
- Full delivery and setup service. You want to know that your porta potties are not just going to be dropped off wherever and not placed correctly for you.
It is always best to schedule delivery for the day before an event so that you know the port a potties are there, set up, and ready to go before the event gets underway. You will have enough stress to handle, and this is not something you want to add to your worries.
Reasons to Rent a Port a Potty in Ft. Lauderdale
There are many reasons why you might need a port a potty. Here are just a few of them:
- Wedding receptions
- Construction and renovation
- Picnics in the park
- A concert
- A fundraiser for a favorite charity
- A sporting event
- Spending the day at the Swap Shop
Before you do rent one or several, make sure that you are going to have the space to safely place a port a potty and that you are legally allowed to do so. Some sites prohibit having a portable restroom, especially if there is already plenty of toilets available in a neighboring area.