Tucson is a unique city in the state of Arizona. Filled with interesting people, fabulous art and exhibits, and delicious cuisine from many cultures, it is a popular destination throughout the entire year. Of course, there are a number of very special events that are held at various times that bring even more people to the city. If you are interested in the city and its events, you should check out further information about these specific events, celebrations, and festivals.
Here is just a sampling of what Tucson has to offer people:
- The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show is actually a lot of various shows on the theme of the gems and minerals that are often found in the area. There are actually over forty shows, most of them happening during the first two weeks of February. This is the largest show for gems and minerals in the world.
- The Tucson Festival of Books was founded by the University of Arizona, which is a major employer in the Tucson area. It has grown now to become the fourth largest book festival in the United States with over 450 authors and presenters, workshops, and other activities every year. It is held in March, and well over 80,000 attend each year.
- The Tucson Folk Festival, held in the first weekend of May, is not just a place to see big-name entertainers up close and personal but to hear more than one hundred local musicians play on five different stages. This is considered to be one of the largest free music festivals of any kind in the U.S. There are other events during this festival, and activities range from the music to singalongs, kids’ events, and more.
- The Fourth Avenue Street Fair, held in both December and March, features arts and crafts, food vendors of every kind, and street performers.
- The Tucson Rodeo, held in February, is famous for having the world’s largest non-mechanized parade.
- Tucson Meet Yourself is a very unique event. This one is held in October and features various cultures coming together to learn about one another. More than 30 different cultures, most of which are represented in the demographics of the city itself exhibit the music, dancing, crafts and of course, the food of their people.
- All Souls Procession Weekend, held in November, is one of the largest of all of the city’s festivals. It takes place over the course of the weekend with various events and activities, including some that borrow from other cultures.
Planning Your Own Events
Using any one of these events or coming up with your own theme, it is time to start planning your own party. Tucson has wonderful weather much of the year, so an outdoor party is a grand suggestion. Before you start getting excited about all of the fun you will have, however, you should remember that parties, big or small, do involve some work. Here are some things that you might want to keep in mind:
- Choose the guest list not only by how many you can accommodate but by how many you can tolerate.
- Choose a theme, and then select foods and drinks that work within that theme.
- Look into porta potty rentals so that you do not have to have people going into the house to use the toilet. Outdoor portable toilets can be the answer to more than a few of your concerns when it comes to hosting a party.
- Choose the right date and time. If you have out-of-town family or friends that might be interested in coming for one of Tucson’s festivals, host an after party or reception so that they can spend some time doing what they traveled for and then can relax and unwind while visiting with you and your family.
- Don’t forget to set aside time before the party to clean, to organize, and, of course, to have the porta potty delivered and set up. You will also need time after the party to clean up and to have the porta potty picked back up. You will not want this to be happening while the party is still in full swing.
The Right Porta Potty for the Event
Most porta potties are pretty much the same, so you will not have to fret over brands. You do want to find the right company, which starts with a free estimate. While price is certainly an important factor, you will also want to look at customer satisfaction and service as well.